Shifa Healthcare and Community Services: Year-End Giving Program
As the year ends, many of us are reflecting on the blessings we have received and looking for ways to give back to our communities. Shifa Healthcare and Community Services is a nonprofit organization that provides vital healthcare and social services to low-income, uninsured, and underserved families in the Houston area.
Give a Little, Change a Lot: Fuel Giving Tuesday
Pay for Medical Visit & Lab Work
Pay for Food & Shelter
Pay for Legal Assistance & Counseling
Your donation isn't just a gift; it's a beacon of hope. Join us in changing lives.
Will You Join Hands With Us?
- Making an Impact: 19,6% of Harris County’s population live in poverty. Shifa eliminates the link between financial standing and quality of care. Shifa has served more than 60,000 people, and witnessed a 25% increase of assistance to families within a single year.
- Breaking Barriers: Shifa does not turn anyone away for lack of insurance. Shifa provided care to all patients, regardless of insurance coverage.
- Supporting Survivors: In average, twenty people are abused physically by their partner each minute. Shifa Women’s Center offers meals, crisis intervention and education, as well as legal aid, to more than 2,400 victims in this one year.
Your Impactful Support
- Affordable Health Care for Everyone: Shifa can continue to offer low-cost health care by maintaining a sliding fee scale.
- Expanded Services: With the support of Shifa, it can expand its services to include dentistry, eyecare, and extended hours in order to reach more families.
- Support for the Vulnerable: Donations will fund Shifa Women’s Center’s essential needs, including meals, daycare and legal assistance for survivors of domestic violence.